1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?
Lived alone entirely on my own.
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t remember making one last year .. not sure I want to make one this year. I don’t wait until the new year to identify something that needs a change and commit to making it—every day is an opportunity for that. I make a hell of a lot more realizations than 1 per year about something big that I decide I need to spend effort at changing.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Don’t know. Don’t care.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
Higher income, less stress, more opportunities to hit the racetrack.
7. What date from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
05/21/04. It’s the day I took a big step and looked at my spirituality face to face.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Falling in love.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not believing in myself.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Not really. Been lucky so far.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
2004 Ford SVT Lightning
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
None that I’m aware of.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Business ethics in the US market.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Moving to Virginia to live with my mate.
16. What song will always remind you of 2004?
Stained: It’s been a while.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
I. happier or sadder? Happier
II. thinner or fatter? No change.
III. richer or poorer? richer
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Completed projects that I’d began.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
in-laws, of sorts.
21. [like last year, there is no question 21]
Then there shall be no answer #21.
22. Did you fall in love in 2004?
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favourite TV program?
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
A better understanding of myself.
29. [what the hell? There's no question 29 this year?]
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
Van Helsing. Sexy werewolves….
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Twenty-Eight. Hung out at the “in-laws” and ate great home cooked food.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Being less spiritual and more realistic.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
34. What kept you sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004:
Believe in yourself.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Now that we're here, so far away
all the struggle we thought was in vain
and all the mistakes, one life contained
They are finally startin' to go away
And now that we're here, so far away
and I feel like I can face the day
I can forgive, and I'm not ashamed
to be the person that I am today.