1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?
Got married. Well, sort of. I have a wonderful other-half, who now lives with me. This would be my first time living with someone in a relationship.
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't remember what my 2004 resolution(s) were. I will probably make some for next year, and promptly forget them.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, my brother. Well, my brother's wife, really. I'm an uncle.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Alfred C. Boswell, Jr. 32° KCCH, a member of my lodge and Executive Director of the DC Scottish Rite, passed away of a heart attack on September 22, 2004.
5. What countries did you visit?
Didn't leave the US at all this year.
6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
Oh, all sorts of material things. More grace and understanding in my life.
7. What date from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Well, Father's Day, June 20th, would be the day Keman and I became a couple. November 5th, the day he showed up at my house with the first load of things from his apartment. September 15th, the day I came out to my parents (on the phone, while in California), and October 29th, the day I came out to my boss (at his halloween party.)
8. What was your biggest achievment of the year?
Technically I achieved it last year, but it wasn't awarded until January. Getting my Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, the culmination of over 10 years of part-time school. I was also elected by my lodge to serve as Junior Steward for 2005.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I had no failures. ;-) Uhm. Letting the basement flood?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nope. Nothing beyond the norm, anyway.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Hmm. Dunno, really. Plane tickets to visit Keman a few times, but nothing of lasting tangibility. My new car, I guess.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Gee I dunno what this question even means. Keman exhibited remarkable strength and courage in basically telling his old employer to F-off, when he moved down here.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Nobody's, really. Except maybe on a more national/global level. Nobody in my life.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Well, into the house of course. Second to that, most of it went to supporting Keman during his move.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2004?
Hmm. Dunno, really.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
I. Happier or sadder? Happier
II. Thinner or fatter? Thinner, but heavier (been working out)
III. Richer or poorer? Richer
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Gone to the gym, probably. Saved more money.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Procrastinating, worrying about things that didn't need to be worried about.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Parents' house, with Keman.
21. [like last year, there is no question 21]
22. Did you fall in love in 2004?
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favourite TV program?
The West Wing, or Stargate SG-1 (but not Atlantis)
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No. I try not to hate people, in general.
26. What was the best book you read?
Well I don't really have a 'best' book. I've read a number of books this year, though fewer than I read last year. Things by Robin Hobb or David Gemmel probably topped my list this year, for different reasons.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
My new car came with built-in XM radio. Previously I didn't think it was worth paying for, but I actually enjoy listening to it. It has a good variety of stations, including techno/dance, and Christian rock/metal. And of course, a 24x7 traffic channel (214, for the DC area)
28. What did you want and get?
Keman. Saku. A new car.
29. [what the hell? There's no question 29 this year?]
But the person who I copied this from created one, so I'll make one up too. 25b. Do you not-hate anyone now, who you hated this time last year?
Well, my impression of AlaskanWolf has gone up since last year.
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
Err, did Shrek 2 come out this year, or last? RotK was last year... I dun remember what I saw this year, ack!
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Dun remember. It was a Saturday, so I didn't work. Probably had some friends over, for something-or-other. Had dinner with the family. Turned 29.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Well gee, my year was pretty damn satisfying, overall.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
Not quite as out of style as in previous years.
34. What kept you sane?
Keman, and work.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Hmm. Dunno, really.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Um, the election? Civil-unions? Taxes?
37. Who did you miss?
While he was still in Michican, Keman. Noticing a trend, here? Elsewise, various friends who I didn't get to see much of this year.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Well I technically met Keman quite some time ago, but certainly got to know him much more this year. I met / got to know various people from my lodge, including the late Alfred Boswell, who always brought a smile to everyone's face.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004?
Be patient. Good things really /will/ come to those who wait. Good things really /will/ come when you least expect them, and when you're not looking. Turn off the water before you go to bed.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year?