The aquarium is doing good. The cyanobacteria is acting defeated. I don't know why these water changes have impacted it, but the protein skimmer I think has played a large role. I've gotten it's efficiency up and kept it up with minor tweaking daily. The new lights are hella cool.
Speaking of hella cool lights. I put a set of Hella driving lights on the thunderchicken. The stock headlamps were hardly functioning, and as with anything I had to overdo it: 220 watts of light. Yes, combo dual 55w bulbs in each. Tee hee. Good thing I put a 130 amp alternator in it.
Parts are in for my RFID scanner. And a company that makes implantable custom RFID chips got back with me and is sending me some free chips and even covering shipping in preparation for my prototype. There is some concern my avid chip is too encrypted to be of use, so a second programmable chip may be necessary. Call it an upgrade.. :)